Monday, September 8, 2008

Pull-ups! Finally!

Ok, I think it's official since Recreate Fitness posted a pic of me on their blog site....I finally got my first pull-up at the gym on Saturday morning! I actually did three, but I don't want to brag. This is a big deal for me. Fitness has been a strange thing with me. When I was younger I was extremely active and played sports, but when I was out of high school I sort of just stopped. And since I was "naturally" thin, I didn't really worry too much about my weight or appearance. That is until I hit 3-0. Wow, things really do catch up with you! So, I started doing yoga on a regular basis and felt great and started becoming strong and tone again. But then our yoga studio was bought and went way too corporate and I just didn't have the heart to continue. When I found myself inside a gym again, it had been two and half years since I had done any sort of fitness routine. I was a bit mushy and in my opinion about ten pounds overweight. In March of this year, I started my weekly work-outs at Recreate. I have really enjoyed the people, vibe and the work-outs are crazy. Basically, I've been sore for about six months, but on Saturday it all came together. The extra ten pounds are hanging on for dear life, but my clothes fit better, I feel better and I'm not really mushy anymore. I think I deserve a cookie or something!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rocked those pushups!

Anonymous said...

...oops... I ment pullups!

Anonymous said...

happy to add you to my blogger list...wish i could have been there to see the pullups, but i guess pictures are worth a thousand words, or something like that