Friday, June 20, 2008

My baby is driving!

Words can't describe how I felt yesterday as my youngest (who is sixteen) passed the DMV written test and got her driving permit. I think the words, oh shit, came to mind several times. This meant I had to let her drive MY car, with ME in it and not lose my mind. Basically, I was a bundle of nerves and emotions...I can only imagine what she was feeling. But she did good. We drove around a parking lot several times to just get a handle of the car. Then we drove around another parking lot to get more of a handle of the car. Then we drove on the street with other cars! Although, she did great, I don't want to do it again for another three years...which means I'll be sitting in passenger seat, trying to pretend that I don't want to scream and jump out later today.

No comments: